In this episode, we continue our discussion on how people end up embracing the ideological narrative of the political left or right. Towards the end of the show, we explore how to increase one's capacity to facilitate greater understanding and empathy between individuals holding seeming diametrically opposed political views. Here's a breakdown on how the show unfolds:
- Ideological narratives of the political left and right.
- Truth and one's perception of "the truth."
- Build relationships or claim your view as the only and only correct view everyone must adopt.
- Conflict and the cycle of violence.
- Anger, violence, and the biblical lesson of Cain and Abel.
- Active listening as a way to mitigate violence and promote healing.