Pain is an unavoidable part of life. Pain is an experience that can prompt us to suffer. We can be in pain and suffering, or be in pain and not suffer. We'll be exploring how to respond to our pain to make ourselves stronger and more compassionate towards self and others. Here's how the show unfolds:
- The difference between pain and suffering.
- Pain is a part of life.
- Our response to pain determines the degree of our suffering.
- Suffering as disconnection from self and others.
- Pain, suffering, and the "right to die with dignity."
- What spiritual traditions say about the mystery of pain and suffering.
- How to be present with someone in deep suffering and pain.